The Forex (FX: XAU/USD) market, gold is a form of currency. The internationally accepted code for gold is XAU that is a symbol used under the ISO 4217 currency standard to denote one troy ounce of gold. It is a safe-haven asset, expected to increase its value in times of volatility and economic uncertainty. The trader how many US Dollars (the quote currency) are needed to purchase one Gold Ounce (the base currency). The United States is the country that holds the biggest resources of gold in the world.
Gold is considered a highly valuable commodity for millennia and the gold price is worldly followed in financial markets around the world. Most commonly quoted in US Dollars (XAU/USD), the gold price is tending to increase as stocks and bonds decline. The metal is holding its value well, making it a reliable safe-haven. You can improve your technical analysis of live gold prices with the real-time XAU/USD chart, and you can read our latest XAU/USDnews, expert analysis and gold price forecast.TheNyse uber stock news at https://www.webull.com/quote/nyse-uber
About Gold Price Wilds Swings
- It’s been a wild month for gold, but despite it having been all over the place it could end the month somewhere around the flat.
- It is currently up about $40 from the close of February. The sharp down-move with risky assets are caught many by surprise as wholesale liquidation even hit the safe-havens.
- The sell-off certainly challenged the status quo and the trend over the past couple of years. But the resurgence over the past week o has put gold back in a good place in terms of maintaining the upward trajectory intact.
- It could still be a mess to trade for a bit beyond a very short-term holding period before we see a clean, sustainable rally development.
- In the very near-term, the price is holding up well with a small consolidation phase that could lead to gold higher towards the 1680/1700 region.
- But without some more digestion is taking shape between 1450 and 1700, the outlook thereafter could remain in limbo.
- A digestion phase marked by buying interest at increasingly higher levels over the coming weeks could do gold some real good.
- A solid base from which to launch from may have the all-time highs over 1900 in play in the coming months. You can get more ipo stock information at https://www.webull.com/quote/ipos .