DSLRs are capable to taking high resolution photos and high definition videos, and gare in no way cheap as they could cost hundreds to thousands of dollars. If you have such a sophisticated camera, then it is imperative for you not only to master how to use it but also how to take care of it.
Dust and particles inside your camera’s body could not only affect the quality of photos you take but could also compromise the entire unit. Although most of DSLRs in Dubai today are equipped with cleaning sensors, it is still suggested to learn how to manually clean your device. Cleaning your camera’s image sensor may be a tedious job but it is necessary for the sake of maintenance. For professional photographers and videographers Dubai is a good place to scout repair shops if the camera’s issues are beyond their knowledge.
As advised by professional photographers and Dubai animation professionals, when you change your lenses frequently, your camera’s inside body is always exposed to dusts and particles, which can affect the quality of pictures you take. If there are dust and scratches present on the pictures you took, most probably there are trapped dusts and particles in your unit’s image sensor. If you suspect that your camera has collected dusts, it is advisable to have it checked at a camera specialty shop. However, if you like to do the manual cleaning yourself, you may do so by following the steps below with utmost care as one mistake can do permanent damage to your camera.
- Fully charge your camera’s battery as manual cleaning may consume significant amount of your battery life if done leisurely.
- Switch on your device and activate the manual cleaning feature on your camera’s setting’s menu. If you can’t find this option, you may refer to your camera’s instruction manual.
- Remove your camera’s lens or body cap and place the device on a flat surface. Make sure not to place your camera’s body upside-down with the inside exposed as it could collect more dust.
- Inspect the image sensor with a sensor viewing device. If you don’t have one, you can easily find such device at camera specialty shops or you may order online. However, you can pass on this step if you don’t need to get a close look into your unit’s sensor surface.
- Blow out any loose particles on your camera’s image sensor with the use of a manual air blower. This tool will not cost you too much as they can be purchased at shops at a cheap price.
- Gently and generously use a sensor cleaning tool on your unit’s image sensor. Remember to use the cleaning tool gently to avoid scratching the sensor’s surface, which can permanently damage your camera.
- Reattach the lens or body cap to your camera with the body’s inside facing the ground; this is to prevent the unit from catching dust and loose particles.
- Photograph a plain white subject like a blank paper or white wall to check if pictures are free from dust and particles. If there are still particles present, you may repeat the mentioned steps until photos become clear.
Taking care of your DSLR is necessary, especially if you use it for your photography studio, corporate video production, Dubai animation, or any professional work. When your camera gets broken, you don’t only have to deal with the cost but also the moments you missed to capture. Hence, maintenance is very important to avoid any setbacks in your professional career. Cleaning and maintaining your camera by yourself may not complete solve all the issues of your unit, which is why it is advisable to have it checked by professionals. Whether you are in to landscape photography, commercial photography, corporate photography is the best place to have your camera checked if in case it needs professional service.